Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall is Here.

This may be my favorite time of year, as far as seasons go. The air is changing, no longer summer but oftentimes not cool enough to need a jacket. It's beautiful.
October is upon us.
Here I am. The apartment dweller that I am. Two and a half months on my own! Very cool. What a journey I'm on! As always, God has been faithful through everything and will continue to be. He's the best roommate I could ever ask for. This weekend has had a tinge of loneliness, although I'm thoroughly convinced that this season is preparing me for big plans that God has for me. I was alone all day, as I am many days actually, but it just seemed to stand out to me today. Spent the morning doing some work for my grad class, went to the mall, and then grocery shopping. All alone. Made dinner. Alone. And here I am. But I'm not alone, I know, I know. My heart is at peace while at the same time my aloneness stood out today.
I'm setting the foundation for my family. It is exciting to think about, to speak life into those areas of my present life that are non-existent. I'm speaking life into the family that God is going to put together. He will. I know He will. The husband who I've never met. I'm setting an amazing foundation now for the life that we will have together. My heart wants to explode when I think about it. NOW.. faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen. I love the NOW. It's right now. .. while I'm sitting alone in my apartment, praying for the family that God will bless me with, for His glory. I'm developing discipline and a life that God is molding daily. It's exciting.

No comments: