Monday, September 1, 2008

Goodbye Summer.

A new season of my life has begun. Summer is over, we've been in school for four days already. It is very hard to believe that this is my third year of teaching. My prayer is for a peace and trust in God to just invade every aspect of my life. It's been such a long journey and I still have a long way to go here. God's kingdom always moves forward. It never goes backward. I'm thankful for that and I'm determined to move forward in my life.. growing and learning from mistakes.
I thank God for never letting go of me. I've failed him so many times. Even this day, I feel like I've slipped a little bit as far as the progress I've been making goes. Here's what will be different, though. I won't give up. I won't look back. I'm looking ahead, not letting mistakes destroy me like I have before. Giving myself grace is such a hard thing for me. Satan would have completely destroyed me by now if it weren't for Jesus. I'm certainly not letting him have any strongholds on me. I won't be destroyed by his lies and deception.
It's been a pretty good weekend here. Somewhat lonely. I've been living all on my own for a month and a half already! wow. Thats hard to believe. Went to the fair yesterday with Jessie, Dan, and her aunt, uncle, and cousins. Got some good food!
So, here's to another Labor Day - the end of summer. I'll never forget this summer. I've been learning a lot. Growing...oh so slowly...but surely. Praise God.

No comments: