Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm 25.

My birthday is officially over as I write this. It was a great day and I'm feeling very thankful and content right now.

One of the most exciting things that happened today was that I was mentioned on the Relevant Podcast. It wasn't for my birthday, but it was a great surprise. For those of you unfamiliar with the Relevant Podcast, it is basically an audio companion to Relevant Magazine based in Florida. The magazine brings many social justice issues to light, as well as keeping up with current trends in music, culture, etc. I really like it because it is progressive culturally, and at the same time presents issues from a biblical standpoint. Anyway, each week on the podcast they ask an editorial question of the week. Last week's question was asking listeners to write in and explain their worst vacation experiences. So, I decided to send in an email outlining the first day of my recent trip to NYC with my best friend Jessie. I won't go into all the details, but let's just say that it involved motion sickness, NYC traffic, and a 10 passenger van full of strangers. If you want to know more log onto iTunes, download the Aug. 17 edition of the Relevant Podcast and fast forward till about 40-some minutes in. :)
I was soooo excited when I heard my name. It was a good b-day present.

Jessie and I also attended a very nice "Music on Madison" concert in Youngstown. It was basically in the back yard of a house. Tables set up on the lawn with candles and rose peddles. A concert featuring all kinds of tunes- Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, show tunes, etc, etc. If you know Jessie and I, it was a great fit for us! We sat behind some frisky elderly women. They were a hoot! I sure hope I'm kickin it like these ladies when I'm their age.

Did a little shopping too. Went to lunch with my friend Renee who also had a birthday today! We had a community show choir concert too! Wow! I did a lot.

No comments: