Sunday, August 26, 2007

Every Season...


Tomorrow starts the first day of my second year of teaching. This past year flew by so incredibly fast. It seems somewhat difficult for me to comprehend that my original "class" will not be walking through the door of my classroom tomorrow. The unknown faces. All names on a list to me now.

It's overwhelming to think about all that the school year brings. All that I know is the God is faithful. He brought me through my first year, with everything so raw and new, and I know that I can certainly trust him with tomorrow's cares. I'm excited, nervous, anxious. I can't wait to see their faces. I'm also taking 2 classes towards my Master's degree this fall. It's going to be a lot of work to keep up on. Right now is about the time I start to doubt myself and think "how will I ever do all of this?" It happens every year, with whatever "season" God is bringing me into. However, as I begin my 25th year, it seems as though I am finally kind of getting it ... God will take take of me, lead me, give me strength, and provide for me as I take on teaching school and getting a Master's. He does it every time... only took me 25 years to catch on.

I'm also thinking about my mom tonight. She goes back to work tomorrow for the first time in about 3 years. I'm praying for a smooth transition for her. It's going to be tough, but she's really stronger than I often let myself think that she is.


I'm listening to the perfect song right now too. "Every Season" by Nichole Nordeman. Perfect for how I'm feeling tonight. Beautiful lyrics.

No comments: