Friday, August 17, 2007

The beginning of my 25th year.

A goal of mine was to get a blog up and running. I've had this "blog" account for some time now. Well, here I am. I have no idea how to make this thing look nice. I want a nice background, pics, links, my favorites, etc. I've seen some really nice blogs and I have a long way to go before I enter that territory.

With this in mind, I thought it would be appropriate to have my first post be on the eve of my 25th birthday. Time flies. It's really hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm 25 (in a few hours!) The number ... 25. Half way to 50! A quarter of a century! wow!

I'm amazed by so many things. I think the title I came up with for this blog (well, I actually stole it from a guest on Oprah) "Lessons in Becoming Myself" ~ I really like that. It says so much about how I feel about growing older. Each day, each season in life, I feel like I truly am becoming more of who I am. Does that make sense? I grow. I fail. I learn. I experience. This is why I am excited about growing older. I love it. I can't wait till I'm 40! (Oprah says that's when it gets really fun!) But, seriously, insecurities begin to melt away with a stronger sense of who you are and, of course, increasing age is not a sure fire sign that one will become more self-secure, confident, and bold. So, obviously other things need to be happening in your life for maturity, confidence, etc. to enter in, or, as I feel with myself, grow stronger. So, yes, I'm thrilled about growing older and excited about what God's going to do with me. What an adventure. What's next? Let's see ....

No comments: