Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hope

Summer has slipped away ... and here we are, basically closing up September.
I went to Whitehouse Fruit Farm today. There is a big fall fest, apple orchard, craft extravaganza there every year. Someone put something on Facebook about it so I thought I'd check it out.
I ended up meeting my mom and aunt there after I was there for a little bit.
It was a beautiful day. Perfect fall weather.
But.. there were young families with young children everywhere! All over the place. With cameras in hand, they took pics of their kids posed next to pumpkins, corn stalks, etc.
There are days that I don't handle this kind of stuff well. I did ok today. I didn't cry, so I'll consider that doing "ok". But there was a point where I just thought "why did I come here? I don't really want to be here" Honestly, the feeling didn't last too long, but, still, it was there.
It's hard seeing families together, doing family stuff, etc.
That is a desire of my heart - at the moment- unfulfilled, and it kinda hurts to be around a ton of babies and cute looking families. Of course, I'm believing that God will do above and beyond all I could ask or think. He's so good.
Happy Saturday night..

No comments: