Saturday, November 17, 2007

I have a pattern going here! One post per month! Pathetic. I know. It's the middle of November. Hard to believe.

I'm on this Rob Bell kick this weekend. I bought tickets to see him next weekend in Pittsburgh. He's a great speaker. I'm excited but I don't have anyone to go with yet! His NOOMA videos are really interesting. They've been out for awhile but I just came across some over the internet and then went out last night and bought 5 of the 18 that he has out. It's too bad they are only 10 minutes long. They are so deep though. I love them. Gives you so much to think about. My favorite of the 5 that I bought last night is called "Lump". It was so good - in a nutshell - you could never do anything to make Him love you less-.

Thanksgiving is less than a week away! I never really have any plans, but it's good nonetheless. Embracing an attitude of thankfulness has been a constant struggle for me. When I reflect upon my life, when I come to God in prayer, praise is all I have to offer. He's been so good to me. Even though I fail him daily, He is faithful and that fact will blow my mind forevermore. It's a lot to take in - grace, that is. Everytime I think I have it down, I realize that I don't. I'll never fully understand it and, you know what, I don't think I am supposed to understand it. I'm finally realizing that.

I continue to love the name that I picked for this blog! Lessons in becoming myself. It's so perfect(I did steal it from a guest on Oprah, though, so I can't take all the credit). Each day and season of life is a lesson as I become the "myself" God wants me to be. Each season brings experience, insight, wisdom, and discernment ... if I let God do that work. Over the last few months, honestly, my title should have been "lessons in derailing your life". I get silly ideas sometimes. Trying to fit into the "world" is a silly idea that frequently comes upon me. After a few months of "derailment", God lovingly pulls me back to Himself. I praise him for that. So, here I am.

No comments: