Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas 2009.
About an hour left of Christmas for this year. It's been an interesting time for me.
It's been hard, but I'm always blown away by God's goodness and faithfulness.
I'm blessed with some pretty amazing people in my life. Friends that God has led me to and brought into my life very purposely.
My mom and dad took off to Florida a few days ago. Quite an impromptu trip. Sooo, yeah, no Christmas festivities with them. It was tougher than I initially thought. It would be a different story if I was married. That's all I'm gonna say about that.
"Depression is a jealous lover" - that's right. Praise has been my weapon this week. In those moments when I feel completely alone, God continues to remind me of his love and promises.
This Christmas was tough, but good. I love the qualities that God is showing me that he wants to grow in my life. I love that he continues to show me the qualities that he doesn't want to grow in me too =)
It has been an emotional last few days. Just thinking about the family that I'm praying for - hoping for, longing for - aahhh - I get chocked up every time I think about it. My husband is out there somewhere. I know it and believe that even now God is up to something special. Looking forward to making memories in the future. I will praise Him in the waiting... Merry Christmas.

No comments: